Are you having issues with adding videos or sounds to favorites on TikTok?
Or the videos you have previously added to favorites are missing or in some cases, the “Add to Favorites” option is completely gone.
If yes, then you are not alone. This error can sometimes happen on TikTok when you change a device or you are using an outdated version of the app.
Not being to add TikTok videos, hashtags, and sounds that you like to favorites can be a hassle as that is the only way you can be able to revisit them if you ever need them.
TikTok favorites save you the trouble of saving every video to your device at the risk of taking up storage space.
In this guide, you will learn how to fix the issue of not being able to add to favorites on TikTok and also how you can find your missing favorites after logging in to a new device.
How to Fix Not Being Able to Add to Favorites on TikTok (TikTok Favorites Not Working)
Most of the reasons why this error happens on TikTok can be as simple as a glitch, an outdated version of the app, or an overflowing cache.
To fix this, it is best to update your TikTok app to the latest version followed by clearing the in-app and phone’s cache. Here’s how to do it…
1. Update your TikTok to the latest version
2. Log out of your account if already logged in, log in again and head to “Settings”
3. Scroll up to find “Cache & Cellular Data” tap on “Clear Cache” and then leave and close the app.
4. Go to “Apps” in the “Settings” of your phone and find the TikTok app and tap on it.
5. Next, tap on “Storage” followed by “Clear cache”. Close the “Settings app” and then reopen your TikTok app and everything should be fixed now.
Everyone that frequents TikTok knows how helpful the “Favorite” option is.
This option saves you from having to save every video you enjoyed watching to your phone, even though sometimes TikTok creators don’t even allow viewers access to save their videos for offline use.
However, with the favorite option on TikTok, you can save any video, sound, or hashtags in-app to revisit whenever you would like.
So you can see why if you can’t add to favorites on TikTok or can’t find your previously ‘favorited’ videos on TikTok can be a cause for alarm, but not to worry the guide in this post will help you fix this error!