Are you getting the “You’re offline. Please check your network connection” on YouTube while using Windows 10 or PC?
The error message usually happens when there is an issue with your internet connection or modem.
As a result, YouTube will not be able to function as it normally would and you won’t be able to search for videos.
You would also notice that on your phone, the YouTube app, you may be able to look up new videos; meaning you will not be getting this error on mobile.
In this guide, you will learn how to fix “You’re offline. Please check your network connection” on YouTube in Windows 10.
How to fix “You’re offline. Please check your network connection” on YouTube in Windows
To fix “You’re offline. Please check your network connection” on YouTube, you need to follow a few simple steps in this guide.
Usually, when errors like this happen on YouTube, you might what to test with another device to make sure there is nothing wrong with your account.
After you have done this and you are sure that nothing is wrong with your account, proceed to the next steps.
1. Make sure that your internet connection and the modem are strong and working.
2. Then proceed to refresh your browser, if the issue persists continue to the next step
3. This third step will involve you troubleshooting your internet, here is how:
- Open the windows setting by pressing the Windows key + I on your keyboard
- Click on “Network and Internet” and then “Proxy”
- Set “Automatically detect” settings to ON and then “Use a proxy server” to OFF
If after trying all the above and the error persists you may need to reinstall your modem, although it hardly comes to that.
It can be annoying to get this error when you want to use YouTube on a bigger screen like your PC, but there is always a solution for everything.
This guide will help you fix the “You’re offline. Please check your network connection” error on YouTube on Windows 10.